Yes. Sort of. I’ve got a full time job which involves using Google Analytics so that would make sense.
I started in this role at the end of last year. It’s my first actual job in the world of web though I have a number of years worth of experience in the use of analytics – mainly for performance management and achieving business objectives.
I’ve started this blog partly as a record of the experience I’ll hopefully gain but also to share knowledge from the point of view of someone who isn’t a techie/web natural.
There’s a plethora of web analytics blogs out there and the great thing about each of them is that they all approach the topic from a slightly different angle. I hope that – although I may cover similar topics to some of these blogs – the approach I take will strike a chord with an audience however small.
Some of the topics I’ll aim to cover will be:
- Using Google Analytics (GA) for the first time
- Fundamentals of analysis – what it is, what it isn’t and what it could be
- New features in GA and how they could be used
- Great sources of learning and development
- How to go from just providing numbers to actually influencing business decisions
I hope you find something of interest and that we’re able to help each other move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!